When using any software, there are usually some tips that can make your experience better. This tutorial guides you through the following tips in the Financials:
• Add a one-click shortcut to the Enter Transactions page in Accounts Payable
• Use keyboard shortcuts on the Enter Transactions page
• Modify a dashboard widget to display your unposted journal entries
All of these tips will work within any of the ShelbyNext Financial applications.
For a visual tutorial, see the Tips for Using the Financials video.
Add a one-click shortcut to the Enter Transactions page
- From the Top menu, select Applications -> Accounts Payable.
- From the Accounts Payable menu, select Enter -> Transaction.
- Click the Add To My Tasks link located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Notice the Enter Transaction link appears in the My Tasks menu.
Use keyboard shortcuts on the Enter Transactions page
- From the Enter Transaction page, click in the Due Date field.
- Press the letter "T" on your keyboard. Notice that today's date appears in the Due Date field. ("T" stands for Today's Date).
- Next, click in the Project field and then press the letter "S". ("S" stands for Search).
- Notice the Project Search window appears.
NOTE: The letter "S" can be used to search on any field that contains a Search icon or a Calendar icon.
Modify a dashboard widget to display your unposted journal entries
- From the Accounts Payable dashboard, click the widget drop-down and then select the "My Status" option.
- Click the Select link located on the right side of the widget title bar.
- Select the "My Unposted Journal Entries" option in the Available Options box and drag it over to the Selected Options box.
- Next, click the Save link on the widget title bar.
- Notice a summary of your unposted journals appears. Click the View Details icon to see more information about your unposted journal entries.
- The unposted journals appear in a grid.
• Click the Export to Excel icon to export the list of journals to an Excel spreadsheet.
• Click the Edit icon to make changes to the a specific journal.
• Click the Close link if you are finished viewing the journals.
NOTE: You can add several status queries to appear on the My Status widget. This example only displays one. Be aware that if you load a lot of queries on the My Status widget and have a large database, it may take longer for the widget to load.
For additional information, visit the Financials Online Help.